The Science of sleep
(1) TASTE - (a) One of the best natural remedies for poor sleep is a tablespoon of raw honey an hour before bedtime. It increases your insulin levels just enough to trigger the chain reaction* for production of Melatonin THE key sleep hormone.
(b) To function properly your liver needs fuel 24/7 so if you don't eat before bed your glycogen levels will plummet activating stress hormones designed to wake you with "hunger pangs". Replacing sugary foods with honey suppresses your appetite throughout the night.
(c) If you don't like the taste of pure honey before you sleep take it with the old favorite a glass of warm milk (or cup of Chamomile tea).
(2) SIGHT - The standard version of the "Sleep Master" exclusive sleep mask was the USA's Number One rated sleep mask in this ezvidwiki.com review of all masks for sale in the States :-
10 Best Sleep Masks 2016
Watch download & share Millions of trending and Viral Videos on googletune.com
For a great nights sleep this comfy padded wrap around sleep mask moulds to your face and is adjustable in a way that blocks out all light. It is made from top quality materials making it robust and fully washable for ultra long life. See (3) below for the mask's second key feature promoting restful sleep.......
(3) HEARING - Insert the top quality reusable (washable) ear plugs before placing "Sleep Master" around your head. When combined with the all round light and sound reducing padding almost 50 decibels** of sound are blocked out completely, whilst the wrap around mask also holds the ear plugs in place throughout your sleep.
Amazon.co.uk reviews placed the Deluxe version of the "Sleep Master" as the top rated UK sleep mask during 2017 ( also it is currently rated at 4.7 out of 5 stars on ebay.co.uk). The Deluxe version is identical to the standard Sleep Master in (2) above except that it also has an in built pocket for storing the unique Sleep Master ear plugs and comes with an attractive carry case especially useful when traveling.
(4) TOUCH - A bath or shower at least 60 minutes before bed warms you up so when you get out your skin starts to cool quickly, which is what normally happens before becoming sleepy. It effectively recreates one of the bodies most important sleep triggers - a natural drop in body temperature an hour before you go to sleep.The evaporation from your skin as you dry further cools the body further reinforcing signal for us to fall asleep becoming your body's personal off switch.
(5) SMELL - The top two rated sleep assisting essential oils from the USA and UK have a deep soothing effect promoting restful sleep. Both these products are undiluted blends of pure plant oils from all over the world to create a powerful natural relaxation and stress reduction formula.
https://www.amazon.com/Ovvio-Oils-Slumber-Recovery-Blend/dp/B00NNAQS64/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529582458&sr=8-2&keywords=ovvio+essential+oil+slumber Top Amazon USA rating - 4.3 out of 5 Stars
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mystic-Moments-Sleep-Assisting-Essential/dp/B010E26MHS/ref=pd_sim_121_23?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B010E26MHS&pd_rd_r=668247a5-6718-11e8-8d84-2546b4c896ee&pd_rd_w=83WXK&pd_rd_wg=XqzCx&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=3274180622111699416&pf_rd_r=GR8JSFDYKMP5MY87QHHY&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=GR8JSFDYKMP5MY87QHHY Top Amazon UK rating - 4.35 out of 5 Stars
(6) LUNGS - Three years ago Dr. Andrew Weil (University of Arizona) introduced what he called the "Natural tranquilizer for your nervous system". His 4- 7- 8 breathing exercise has been calming minds worldwide ever since. Breathe in for a count of four, then hold for seven seconds. After that exhale completely for a count of eight. The steps are then repeated between two and four times. The technique is based on "Pranayama" an ancient Indian practice that means "regulation of breath"(See "Science spot *** below).
(7) MUSCLES - Progressive muscle relaxation. Lie down on your back, take a deep breath and squeeze your toes as if you were curling them under your feet. Hold for moment, release the tension. Take a deep breath, squeeze a muscle, and release. Then progress upwards through your feet, calves, thighs, entire legs, stomach, buttocks, chest, arms, hands shoulders, neck,and face. This works well in conjunction with the breathing technique in (6) above as together they help maintain your focus
(8) STOMACH - For a natural source of the most important sleep hormone Melatonin drink 100% concentrated Montmorency cherry juice 90 minutes before bed.
CherryActive® available in concentrate juice and capsules ...
Our products are chosen by consumers serious about maintaining good health and optimising their fitness training. Made from Montomorecncy concentrated cherry juice, CherryActive® is 100% natural and packed full of antioxidants.
Amazon review rating 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Or if you need to eat something before bed but want to avoid potentially habit forming melatonin tablets just eat a banana
(9) HEART / STRESS - De-stress for good cardiovascular health. Your heart rate typically drops by almost ten beats per minute during the first half of a normal nights rest.Your heart needs Long, deep periods of rest where your heart rate and blood pressure are lowered. Studies show that humans can gain two thirds of many of the benefits of sleep just by lying stationary with a clear mind. So next time you awake three hours before your alarm, don`t "clock watch" and stress yourself out ( this increases your heart rate). Relax in the knowledge that even if you don`t get back off to sleep you will still bank the equivalent of two hours before you have to get up
(10) BRAIN - Ask any insomniac about the perils of a hot pillow: When you’re trying to sleep, your brain loves the cold. Wearing a cooling cap helped insomniacs snooze almost as well as people without sleep problems. The reason many people flip their pillow during hot nights is to cool your brain and aid sleep, a study from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Both versions of the Sleep Master Sleeping mask come in a robust / hygienic Ziploc bag which enables you to cool your mask in the fridge an hour before bed. This jump starts your brain cooling sleep routine as soon as you put the mask on.
SCIENCE SPOT :-
(1) - PURE HONEY -*raises insulin levels to help Trytophan enter our brains more easily. Trytophan is the compound famous for making us sleepy after eating turkey at Christmas. It is an established fact that Trytophan converts to Serotonin (the feel good hormone) which in turn converts to the primary sleep hormone Melatonin.
Other benefits of honey - In ancient times honey was known as liquid gold and has been used for medicinal purposes over the millennia. It is renowned for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties. You will no longer feel the urge to eat at night avoiding significant calorie consumption in the hours of least activity (one cup of raw honey contains only 64 calories). This avoids unnecessary weight gain and lowers your blood sugar levels and triglcerides at the same time.
(2) SIGHT - Our eyelids are partly opaque so that when the sun rose our ancient ancestors were triggered to wake and start their hunter gathering work. Blocking out non natural and / or early morning light is essential for most humans to achieve the recommended amount of quality sleep necessary for a healthy lifestyle.
(3) HEARING - **In practical terms a 50dB noise reduction brings the noise of a turbofan jet at take off power (120 dB) down to the level of a vacuum cleaner (70 dB).
(4) TOUCH - https://www.elitedaily.com/p/does-showering-at-night-help-you-sleep-science-says-it-definitely-does-heres-why-8509746
Does Showering At Night Help You Sleep? Science Says It ...
I don't know about you, but I will try just about anything I can to help me fall asleep at night. From diffusing essential oils, to drinking some chamomile tea, to listening to the sounds of rain while doing breathing exercises, I'm here for all of it. Lately, I've had some luck winding down with a ...
(6) LUNGS - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/12/simple-4-7-8-breathing-trick-can-induce-sleep-in-60-seconds/
Simple '4-7-8' breathing trick can induce sleep in 60 seconds
A deep breathing trick can make insomniacs drop off to sleep in under one minute, a health expert has claimed.
(9) Heart - https://blog.ouraring.com/blog/heart-rate-while-sleeping/
(10) Brain - Experts agree the temperature of your sleeping area and how comfortable you feel in it affect how well and how long you snooze. Why? " when you go to sleep, your set point for body temperature - the temperature your brain is trying to achieve - goes down," says H. Craig Heller, PhD, professor of biology at Stanford University.